[NBLUG/talk] Using Linux to manage a server

Cameron Tully-Smith lpstudy at sonic.net
Tue Dec 16 15:18:00 PST 2003

The idea is to do some of what a KVM over IP setup would allow without
extra hardware.  I'd have a DOS partition (to allow running utilities),
Linux (active partition for the boot loader/a small Linux installation)
and multiple other partitions (up to 2) that are bootable but not active.

The reason I'd like telnet or other remote access is to allow me to leave
the machine on, restart it from a bootable partition and then be able to
get to the machine remotely to pick another OS.