[NBLUG/talk] recommendation for boot magic

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 26 19:53:01 PST 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-26 at 15:38, Cal Herrmann wrote:
> I have a related question: my wife's (Compaq portable) has Boot Magic, with
> Windows and a partition for Linux.  She is ready for me to install (Mandrake)
> Linux, I don't want the installation to overwrite the MBR or Boot Magic.  Can
> I just put in the CD's when BM says "ready to  install Linux" and do it, or
> do I need to do something for Linuxafter installatio to be found by the BM
> loader?
> Thanks, Cal

There should be an option that would tell Mandrake to not touch the MBR,
although I've never used Mandrake and therefore don't know where that
option might be.  You would also have to manually set up Boot Magic to
recognize your new Linux installation, and I don't know what would be
involved there either (I don't use Boot Magic, either).

--
Lincoln Peters <sampln at sbcglobal.net>