[NBLUG/talk] Advice on iptables ...

Mark Linford mlinford at student.santarosa.edu
Sat Dec 27 10:07:01 PST 2003

Good morning, everyone:

During this winter break, a project I'd like to work on is attaching a
wireless router to my home network. However, for security reasons, I'd
like to limit the access I allow through the wireless router. Since I
already have a linux box with two network interfaces, it seems the best
choice would be to connect my w/r to the unused port on my linux box,
and use iptables to limit access to the rest of my network (say, allow
a few services such as SSH, www and imap access, but deny everything
else).

However, I haven't been able to find any good tutorials or advice
online to guide me with this particular configuration. Does anyone have
any advice on how I should proceed? Thanks in advance for your help!

Mark