Running gallery?

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Tue Feb 11 16:47:03 PST 2003

On Tuesday 11 February 2003 16:25, error wrote:
> So the irony of this is that I do as well.
> I just don't intend on sharing access to the box.
> And suExec is a good way to get around this problem.
>
> I really feel that scripts (php, perl, etc) that use this as their
> security model are not being smart. (eg: gallery lets the web user
> manage everything, even .htaccess!)
>
> It should be a requirement to have suExec for content management
> systems.
>
> (hey this is a new thread in itself!)
>
> Mark: Does gracie do this?

Yes, gracie runs cgi scripts suexec, although I was intrigued with the comment
on Bugtraq about php running in cgi mode.....  I want/need to know more about
this point.

> And what great timing! Here comes a php discussion tonight!

Damn right!!  I already had a question.......  php in cgi mode....  HOWTO ...
without breaking everything.
--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer