[NBLUG/talk] ftpd

Steve srj at adnd.com
Sat Feb 15 15:16:01 PST 2003

I have a need to run an FTP server on my colo at sonic, and to be honest
I've always avoided this like the plague =).. So I was wondering what ftpd
you guys recomend.

I only need 1 feature, and that is that the user who logs in is jailed
into their own directory.   I hear proftpd
does this, but I worry about security otherwise.. I dont really want
to get hacked.  =)

I will not have anonymous turned on, thats for sure, mainly because it
is not needed.  So what are your opinions?

-Steve

--
----
      "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."