Mozilla & third party builds

Lorie Obal lobal at cds1.net
Wed Jan 1 21:53:53 PST 2003

I know the different distros do things to make Linux "their way" and I was
wondering if anybody could enlighten me on basically what might be going
on with RH & Mozilla GCC-incompatability-wise. (I'm looking at enigmail
plug-ins right now)

Yeah, I know I'll have to pick compatible versions for the plug-ins I
want, but I was curious about the general level of tinkering going on.
What are the release number conventions for apps with the distros?  For
example, the Mozilla page doesn't even list a Mozilla release
corresponding to the one that came with RH 7.1 as far as I can see.

In general, are application releases assumed for a more "standardized"
version of Linux?

-Lorie
--
Lorie Obal
lobal at cds1.net
Proudly e-mailed from open source software!