kismet anyone?

error error at sonic.net
Tue Jan 7 09:51:26 PST 2003

> anyone got kismet running? basically i get the below error:
>
> wlanctl-ng: Operation not supported
> FATAL:  Error executing ``wlanctl-ng eth1 lnxreq_wlansniff channel=1
> enable=true prismheader=true >/dev/null''.  Aborting.
>
> i read on one of the mailing lists that this may be because wlanctl-ng
> is expecting the interface to be called wlan0, can anyone support
> this?

I have kismet running perfectly.
My suggestion is to patch your in kernel (for orinoco) driver as described by me here:
http://www.yak.net/fqa/343.html

If you need to have wlan I would be suprised, it tends to be a pile of junky code in my experence.

What card do you have?
What firmware version?
What is the interfaces name? (it should be wlan0 if your using that junk code)

--
error <error at sonic.net>