Dump Crossover (for a better video system with linux)

error error at sonic.net
Wed Jan 15 16:20:13 PST 2003

> That's great.  So now we've gone from being called operating system snobs to
> Linux distribution snobs.  What an improvement!

Well I suppose if thats how you want to look at it. I was just showing
people who use debian that its really easy to do as a result of one mans
really hard work.

As you can tell from other sources on the net (
http://www.livejournal.com/talkread.bml?journal=jwz&itemid=123070 )

getting all this to work under linux isn't that easy.

Really this isn't a distro war or distro flame.

Unless apt is debian.

It just so happens that debian does apt best and is still supported
unlike other deb based distros.

> Sheesh...
>
> >From looking at the source files
> (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/debian/dists/unstable/main/source/) and the main
> homepage (http://marillat.free.fr/), it looks as though this person has
> taken the original programs and made some tweaks and then made debian
> packages.  Seems like (s)he should make some instructions on how non-debian
> folks could get the same results.

Well the easy way to get this stuff to work on your own is to just download all the source files yourself, all their deps and compile.

I suppose the day that someone comes up with an interdistro packaging system I can post how to install mplayer using that system.

Talk about being ungrateful for someones hard work. (not mine mind you)

--
error <error at sonic.net>