WCF12 and Zaurus 5500

Warren Raquel nblug at sohonetworksetup.com
Wed Jan 15 17:10:07 PST 2003

Well, I got my WCF12 card today for my Zaurus. I installed it while running
the Sharp ROM. I had to tweak the wlan configuration file to make it work,
but it worked, for about a minute before the screen went haywire (which
then fixed itself when I pulled the card out of the socket). Eventually the
screen went completely white and the Zaurus locked up.

On to Opie. So I installed the latest 3.0 version of Opie and didn't have
to make any configurations. However, the same thing happened again. The
screen would completely go haywire until eventually the system froze with a
white screen of death. So. What's my problem? For about 10 minutes I was
able to connect to the Zaurus using an ssh connection while it was sitting
in it's cradle (via the wireless card) but when I barely touched the card
the screen once again went out of phase and the system froze up.

Does anyone else have a WCF12 linksys card that they use on their Zaurus?
If not will someone with an SL-5500 help me test to see if it's the card
that's screwed up by putting it in their Zaurus?