Intro Linux/UNIX class for spring

Eric Skagerberg eric at skagerberg.com
Wed Jan 15 22:08:45 PST 2003

Do you or does someone you know want to learn the basics of Linux or UNIX?  If so, I'd like to extend an invitation to enroll in my Introduction to UNIX/Linux course.

The class meets for lecture and lab on Wednesday mornings at SRJC's Coddingtown center, through the third week of May.  I do my best to make the lectures valuable and edifying, but you don't necessarily have to attend all the lectures to participate in the course.  I base grades on online homework and online exams, which you can reach with any web browser and Internet connection.

For the class to proceed this semester, we need a few more students, so please enroll this week if you or a friend would like to take the class.  Here are the details:

Course title:  CIS 50.71, Introduction to UNIX (using Linux)
Section number:  6270
Days/hours:  Wednesdays, lecture 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. ; lab 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Where:  SRJC Coddingtown center, room 1

You can register for the course at the Coddingtown center's Admissions desk, or online at:
http://www.santarosa.edu

For complete details about the course, please see my SRJC web site:
http://gracie.santarosa.edu/eric

If you have any questions, please drop me a line by e-mail, or give me a call at 573-1460.

Best wishes,
Eric S.