Dynamic DNS

troy fryman at sonic.net
Sat Jan 18 01:35:50 PST 2003

I don't want to turn this list into an advertisement for Sonic.net, but this
message just hit news://sonic.net.dsl:

[QUOTE]
Just happened to be home today when I noticed that my phone line was not
working. Went to the side of the house to check the SNI/MPOE and discovered
that my inside wire was disconnected. Plugged it in and dial tone was
restored.

(Figured the SBC tech must have left my IW off as to configure the DSL
line.)

30 minutes later my doorbell rings and I hear the UPS driver driving away.
There on my doorstep was a DSL modem from Sonic.

Went inside, plugged it in, as I had a hunch.  Instantly my modem's SYNC
light glowed steady! WOW! Configured the router to the new IP address and
voila....connected!

Time from order to install... an amazing 31/2 working days!

[ENDQUOTE]

(I'm pretty certain she meant 3.5 days, not 15.75 days.)

-t