[NBLUG/talk] OpenSSH2 with public key (no password)

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Fri Jul 11 16:46:02 PDT 2003

UPgrade OpenSSH to 3.4p1 or the newest you can get on the SuSE boxen.

Any output to /var/log/messages or /var/log/secure?

Here is my little experiment.....

I have a RH9 client and a Debian 3 client.  I generated SSH1&2 keys and copied
them to two remote RH 7.2 and RH 8.0 boxen.  Then logged into both boxen
without password.

The RH 7.2 REMOTE SERVER box runs openssh-3.1p1-6 - I used an SSH1 key
The RH 8.0 REMOTE SERVER box runs openssh-3.4p1-2 - both SSH1 and SSH2 keys
The RH 9 client runs openssh-3.5p1-6 - SSH1 key
The Debian 3 client runs OpenSSH_3.4p1 - SSH2 key - rsa

I don't know what you are doin.... but somthin ain't right there....  I
propose a change of distribution for this little escapade.

versionitits... hmmm let me check my Principles of Internal Medicine 11th
Edition.... ; )

--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer