[NBLUG/talk] Samba running slow...

Jeremy Turner jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Sun Jul 13 08:39:01 PDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-07-13 at 04:40, ME wrote:
> For Debian, /etc/modules
> You specify what modules should be loaded. Args if any) appear after each
> module name to be loaded. To see what ars are possible per module, check
> kernel src docs per driver.
>
> When the driver is part of the kernel (not a module) you can use the
> "append=" line in lilo.conf and rerun.
>
> For RedHat? not sure.

Debian separates the different functions of /etc/modules.conf in the
/etc/modutils/ directory and /etc/modules file.  When you finish editing
any of those files, you must run update-modules in order for a new
/etc/modules.conf file to be regenerated.

Last I checked, the other mainstream distros use /etc/modules.conf, or
in one case /etc/conf.modules (I don't remeber which one that is).

Last time I played with setting this, I didn't have good results.  You
can also download programs which change the current speed, which worked
better for me than setting kernel modules arguments.  The big thing I
learned is you can find out the speed of an interface by doing a
ifconfig and looking at the txqueuelen: for the device.

Just my $.02.

Jeremy

Jeremy

--