[NBLUG/talk] sa-learn system wide...

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Tue Jul 15 13:38:00 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 01:20:39PM -0700, Eric Eisenhart wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 11:47:58AM -0700, Dustin Mollo wrote:
> > any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Do the spamassassin servers have NFS access to the IMAP folders?  Can you
> just have each run its own sa-learn over the IMAP folder directories?
> sa-learn is quite intelligent about skipping past things it's already seen,
> so you might not have to clean/expire those folders very often.

yes, they can, but they don't at the moment.  I'm more concerned about a
shared/replicated database.  ok...maybe not concerned about how to get it
between servers, but more concerned about unruly users (if you know where i
work, bet you can guess who i mean by that) poisoning the database with false
emails one way or the other and thereby making the database less useful to
the user population as a whole.  the last thing i need is for the
president's email to his vp's to end up marked as spam.

i haven't been sold on the idea this is something we want to do, but i'm
trying to explore the technical issues first to make sure there aren't any
major show-stoppers before trying to tackle the logistical and political
issues.  sounds like it wouldn't be that hard, technically.

> Does "multiple platforms" mean some spamassassin servers are little-endian
> and some are big-endian?

sorry - "multiple platforms" should be "multiple servers".

-dustin