[NBLUG/talk] network configuration

Jeremy Turner jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Sun Jul 20 22:19:01 PDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 06:43, jeff at dreadidread.homelinux.org wrote:
> dmesg:
>
> eth0: D-Link DFE-538TX (RealTek RTL8139)
> eth0: Identified 8139 chip type 'RTL-8139C'
> eth1: VIA VT6102 Rhine-II
> eth1: MII PHY found at address 1 ,status 0x7849 advertising 05e1 Link 0000.
> eth0: Setting 100mpbs full-duplex based on auto-negotiated partner ability 45e1

Hi Jeff,

Looks like Mandrake probably has your module compiled into their stock
kernel.  eth0 I can tell you is the '8139rt' module (I had that one
on-board on my Shuttle PC).  It's a generic module that covers a lot of
different name brands like D-Link and RealTek.

As far as eth1, I'm not sure which one that is.  But the bottom line is
that the devices are registered properly.

What happens if you run '/sbin/ifconfig'?  Are you wanting to get a dhcp
lease, or do you use static IP addresses on your network?

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Turner <jeremy at linuxwebguy.com>
The LinuxWebGuy