[NBLUG/talk] Is this the correct approach

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Sun Jul 27 10:57:00 PDT 2003

You need a brush up on System V initialization scripts, rc (run control)
scripts are found int /etc/rc.d/init.d on RH boxen.

There is one for apache named httpd, that is installed with the rpm.  My guess
is you could hack that script to point it to your apache binary and all would
be well.

or....

You could make an entry in /etc/rc.d/rc.local to start your apache binary
without the rc functionality enabled.

First get some foundation with RH system initialization, run levels and run
control scripts found in /etc/rc.d/

--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer