[NBLUG/talk] Is this the correct approach

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Sun Jul 27 11:28:01 PDT 2003

Mark -

Do you have a recommendation for a book where I can learn the scripting
language used in Linux?

<<<
# Path to the apachectl script, server binary, and short-form for messages.
apachectl=/usr/sbin/apachectl
httpd=${HTTPD-/usr/sbin/httpd}
prog=httpd
RETVAL=0

This is in the httpd file in /etc/rc.d/init.d/ .  Is this stating that
apachectl (I assume that is the executable) is in /usr/sbin/ ?
Therefore, I should create the "new" executable in that directory after
uninstalling the current Apache?

Todd