[NBLUG/talk] Profiles

Kyle Rankin greenfly at greenfly.net
Wed Jul 30 12:45:01 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 01:54:38PM -0500, Warren Raquel wrote:
> I was wondering how I could set up my laptop so that I can just make
> different grub entries to set up my networking dependant on where I'm
> at. i.e. I set up a grub entry saying 'office' or one saying 'home' or
> one as 'wireless school', etc. I would guess I could set up a script to
> set up my networking but can I specify a shell variable or something of
> the like at the boot prompt that would pass to a script or that a script
> could read as a variable? Is there some easier way of doing this? TIA.
>
> --
> [======================================================================]
>  Warren Raquel                                  Chief Technical Officer
>  wraquel at jacobmarlie dot com            Jacob Marlie Financial, Inc.
>  Linux User #313862                          http://www.jacobmarlie.com
>        Public Key: http://www.jacobmarlie.com/~wraquel/key.php

Actually, I'm going to do a mini-presentation on an application called
"laptop-net" that does just what you are wanting (and more) without having
to specify on boot.  This will be part of the group of mini-presentations
at the August NBLUG meeting on Tuesday, August 12.

--
Kyle Rankin (greenfly)
http://greenfly.org