[NBLUG/talk] Video 4 Linux -- works!

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Sun Jun 1 15:40:04 PDT 2003

kino can interface directly with your /dev/video0 interface.  Look in prefs
for V4L and activate it, you should be able to view, change channels and
capture programs from kino.

The native editing formats are AVI and DV(Type 1 and Type 2) I haven't done it
with a TV card.

I have used it with my Canon ZR60 MiniDV recorder (Firewire) without a hitch.
I just suck it off the ZR60 onto the drive and go to town.

--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer