[NBLUG/talk] Video 4 Linux -- works!

Scott Doty scott at sonic.net
Sun Jun 1 17:58:00 PDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 03:41:45PM -0700, Mark Street wrote:
> kino can interface directly with your /dev/video0 interface.  Look in prefs
> for V4L and activate it, you should be able to view, change channels and
> capture programs from kino.

Well...

It did activate the V4L tab, but it's stuck on a TV channel.  Clicking
"setup" in the window just displays this message in the xterm:

>> AV/C Enabled

Clicking on "setup" again displays:

>> AV/C Disabled

Interestingly, this is the same button that says "AV/C" in the firewire tab.

So I'd say there's something wrong with the V4L interface in this version...
bummer!

 -Scott