[NBLUG/talk] Linux Answering Machine

ME dugan at passwall.com
Tue Jun 3 12:13:00 PDT 2003

I have not played with it in a while, but planned to set one up. Something
called mgetty-voice which was able to do getty+fax+voice. It permitted you
to setup your fax/voice/modem up as a voicemail service with menus and fax
delivery service and modem for dialup.

However, there are/were restrictions on what modems were permitted to
work. Only certain voice/data/fax modems had chipsets thta were supported.

I don't know the status of this, but there may be something better by now.

-ME