[NBLUG/talk] NBLUG wants *YOU*!

Eric Eisenhart eric at nblug.org
Fri Jun 6 13:17:01 PDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 05:39:44PM -0700, ME wrote:
> NOMINATIONS FOR NBLUG ELECTION ARE OPEN!
> (See end of message for details.)
[snip]
> NOMINATIONS FOR NEW NBLUG ELECTION:
> #6 If you have read our new constitution, you will note that we have
> several elected positions. (such as President, Vice President, Scribe,
> Treasurer etc.)
>
> If you want to run for an office, or nominate someone to run for an
> office, then make your nomination in PUBLIC on the nblug talk list being
> sure to include the following text in your subject:
>
> Subject: [NOMINATION]

You, too, can help NBLUG become great!

Specifically, there's (1) President, (1) Vice-President, (1) Scribe, (1)
Treasurer and (2) Directors at Large.

Ever thought "hey, those people do okay, but I think I could do better"?
Well, you're probably right and you should run for an office!

Ever thought "I like NBLUG and they've helped me out...  I wonder if there's
some way I can help NBLUG out..."?  Yes!  There is!  You can run for an
office.

Ever had some ideas about how NBLUG could do things better?  Thought the
President should work harder at getting presenters or that the
Vice-President doesn't do anything or thought that the Scribe should have
the notes out where everybody could see them or thought that the Treasurer
should have regular financial reports available or just generally thought
that certain things could be done differently?  Well, *DO* something about
it, and run for one of the offices.

Don't worry: none of the current board members will be offended if you run
against them.  We're more likely to be overjoyed.

It's fun!  It's easy!  It's...  okay, I'm lying, I admit it.  It's usually a
little boring and it can be hard to do things like get speakers; but it *is*
rewarding.

The other 4 are obvious, but the Directors at Large are, basically, there
solely to represent what the general NBLUG populace wants without
necessarily having any responsibilities beyond showing up at the board
meetings and voting on issues.  (okay, they'll be at the meetings, so it's
easy to try to make them do things...)  If you'd like to help and have some
ideas, but what you could do wouldn't quite fit into the other 4 jobs, then
run for Director at Large.

So, go nominate yourselves folks.  Or nominate other people that are likely
to accept the nomination.

Details:
http://www.nblug.org/pipermail/announce/2003q2/000141.html
http://www.nblug.org/docs/bylaws.html
--
Eric Eisenhart
NBLUG Co-Founder & Vice-President Pro Tempore