[NBLUG/talk] mozilla troubleshooting

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Fri Jun 6 23:07:01 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 07:42:28PM -0500, jeff at dreadidread.homelinux.org wrote:
} man, you nailed that one on the head!
}
} df showed /home was at 100%
}
} I moved a file, dropping it down to 94% and mozilla starts just fine.
}
} Of course this prompts the thought:
}
} In retrospect I should have made the home partition bigger...
}
} Anything I can do about that now?

Find some stuff you can move to another partition.  If you have a
directory you can move then you can make a symbolic link so it still
appears to be in the orgional location and everything will work right.

I move /usr/local to /home/local when I build a new machine and make a
symbolic link back to /usr/local.  This makes things appear to be in
/usr/local so they work, when really they are in /home/local so that my
local directory is on my home partition, so it doesn't get blown away if
I wipe out the installation and re-install.  I could make yet another
partition for /usr/local, but my way seems more flexible to me.

} I've partitioned the whole drive, but I've got an old 8 gig hd I could add...
} how's Mandrake gonna like that? Is kudzu or linuxconf gonna take the ball and
} run with it when I reboot?

You will have to parition the drive, format it, then edit /etc/fstab,
then mount it.  After that it will mount at boot time.

I partition with fdisk.  mkfs.ext2 or mkfs.ext3 to format.  See the man
pages for mkfs.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com