[NBLUG/talk] Why I should be scribe

Daniel Smith linux2002 at daniel.org
Sat Jun 7 15:29:01 PDT 2003

or.. why we need Hydra on Linux: http://hydra.globalse.org/

When I went to ETech, many people in the audience were
collaborating on notes wirelessly.  Hydra is a multi-user
editor.  Something like this for Linux would be great -
just have a few people in the room adding notes.

If a few people are going to show up at the next meeting
with iBooks/PowerBooks + wireless, they should give
it a go.  I think it's just a matter of time until
there's a Linux work-alike for this.  I've read a bit on /.
about people distributing Emacs frames (which falls apart
quickly if the host machine sneezes)

The idea of a singular scribe trying to capture
everything is just so 20th century :-)

Daniel