[NBLUG/talk] NBLUG website critique

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Mon Jun 9 13:22:01 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 01:01:46PM -0700, Mike Egan, ME wrote:
}
} As it turns out, Later version of MSIE and current Opera "did not do HTML
} right."
}
} When the center tag is used, and a table is embeded within an open center
} and closed center, the content within the table should not be centered.
} Example:
} <center>
} <table>
} </table>
} </center>
} should not lead to a table with text within it ("item" and "yet another
} item") centered withint the table, but both of these lines left justified
} within a table that is centered.

This code verified?  (apparently so)
This is how I center tables:

} Opera and MSIE were centering the text within the table even though the
} call to center was outside the table. Bad, bad!

Bad, agreed.

IE 5.5 SP2 works fine with the align="center", but it doesn't seem to
show the problem you describe, so who knows.  That's the newest version
of IE we have at work.  I don't have Opera.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com