[NBLUG/talk] arghh! I HATE it when that happens..

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Tue Jun 10 09:36:01 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 01:11:26AM -0700, Steve wrote:

Steve,

The gcc-objc package is for objective C, which I have never used.

You want gcc, and get gcc-c++ while your at it.  These will need libgcc
for sure.

} I'm to lazy to go to the yum page =) Modems suck!

Yes they do.

} is yum a new package manager? Does
} it solve dependencies? and run the compiler on the source?

Yes they manage packages and solve dependencies, no they don't compile
from source.  Yum, apt-get and autoupdate all do this.  I use apt-get
myself.  I couldn't tell you which one is best.  apt-get needs specially
configured servers to download from, autoupdate is harder to setup
initially than apt-get, but it works from any RedHat server.

http://apt4rpm.sourceforge.net/ref.html
http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/~gerald/ftp/autoupdate/

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com