[NBLUG/talk] Is nblug an oligarchy?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Jun 10 20:14:00 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 06:24:43PM -0700, augie wrote:
<snip>
> of officers, elected and appointed. elected are elected by the members
> and appointed are appointed by the elected officers. which sounds pretty
> fair to me.

This is exactly the way LUGOD works.  Elected officers are also specifically
necessary for our 501(c)7 non-profit status.  We have:

  President  (aka Chairperson aka "root")
  Vice-President  (aka Vice-Chairperson aka "sys")
  Secretary  (aka "typescript")
  Treasurer  (aka "/dev/null")

The appointed (really just volunteer) positions we have include:

  Installfest Coordinator
  Demo Coordinator
  Public Relations Officer

...and either we did, or are planning on, making Mailing List Manager an
officer position, too.  (Again, not-voted, but appointed/volunteered.)

-bill!
root at lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/
Linux Users' Group of Davis