[NBLUG/talk] Help: Newbie and proxy server running SBS2000

Jennifer Tracy tiny_tyrant at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 11 12:34:00 PDT 2003

augie,

If I had the first clue how to ping the proxy server in Linux I would try
that first.  I fully admit to being WAY more Windows savvy than Linux.

Apparently my netwrok card is at least active.  Don't ask what a headache
that was to make happen.  But I can't see the network, and I don't know how
to search for computers on the network like I can in Windows.

I have no idea if my netwrok card is even configured correctly.

I am not generally a stupid person, but this is driving me nuts (as my
fiance says a short trip but nonetheless :-)

Jenn