[NBLUG/talk] Help: Newbie and proxy server running SBS2000

Micxz (lovedialup.com) an_email at micxz.com
Wed Jun 11 15:14:02 PDT 2003

Jennifer Tracy wrote:

> well shoot me and call me an idiot.  FOund one problem.  Bad network cable.
> DOH!  Took care of that.  now I can ping the server from my linux box, and i
> can ping the linux box from my windows system.
>
> Still can't get onto the internet.  Our server is running Microsoft Proxy
> Server 2.0 and that is what I have to get past.
>
> Jenn

Wow, those damn cheap eth0 cables!

Now try to ping yahoo.com? What happens?

And tell me what application your trying to access the internet with?
(Have you setup the proxy settings in this application?
(e.g. "http/https 10.10.10.2:8118") replace 8118 with what port you
proxy runs on of course;

--
Micxz