[NBLUG/talk] Debian kernel source from initial install

Rob Orsini orsini at sonic.net
Sun Jun 22 16:41:00 PDT 2003

At 04:14 PM 6/22/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>the wlan-ng stuff expects a configured kernel source. did you configure
>the kernel? it's in the wlan-ng README file, but it is a real quick note
>about it, so it is easy to miss.

I didn't configure the kernel. I was hoping to use the kernel from the
default cd install to get my nic working as my first project. Then, with a
healthy internet connection, move on to recompiling the kernel as my next
project.  But what you pointed out tells me I have to hit the kernel
upgrade first.  I'm also just now understanding ME's 'Why? (1)', bullet
two, where building your own kernel is essential to some apps that need the
built kenel src tree.  Thanks.