[NBLUG/talk] dselect strangeness

Robert Hayes rhayes at silcom.com
Tue Jun 24 16:30:02 PDT 2003

Andrew:

I'm running Testing. I installed it via Knoppix 3.2. It did not come with
Gnome at all.

Just today I tried to install galeon -which I sorely miss- via
apt-get -t unstable install galeon
and was informed that 60 packages would be installed, a cursory glance
indicated that most would be related to the Gnome base install. But, it also
said ~15 packages would be removed, a couple of which I want, so I nixed it.

I'll be interested in knowing what you learn, so please post it.

Bob