[NBLUG/talk] dselect strangeness

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Tue Jun 24 16:52:01 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 03:51:10PM -0700, Andrew wrote:
} On one of my boxes, I'm tracking (or at least *trying* to track)
} Debian's Testing branch. When I went to update using dselect
} today, it told me that it wanted to remove gnome-applets,
} gnome-core, gnome-help, gnome-panel, and gnome-panel-data. I
} hadn't asked for these or any other packages to be removed and
} dselect didn't show any conflicts related to these packages, so
} I'm wondering why dselect wants to remove them.
}
} Is anyone else tracking Debian Testing and has this happened to
} you? Could this be related to Gnome2? Has it arrived in Testing,
} yet? Unfortunately, dselect isn't giving me the names of the 46
} packages that it does want to upgrade, so I can't see if any of
} them are Gnome-related.

How about using:
apt-get --show-upgraded upgrade

That should show the names of the 46 other packages it wants to upgrade.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com