[NBLUG/talk] Debian

Steve srj at adnd.com
Wed Jun 25 20:01:01 PDT 2003

Ha! Sometimes the obviouse just ups and bites ya =)  Ok one last
question.. Seems also my /etc/apt/sources.list file is empty..
so apt-get isn't doing anything.. Can someone past a copy of
what addresses should be in there to get the official packages and stuff?

Thankya

-Steve

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 07:58:41PM -0700, ME wrote:
> /etc/network/interfaces
>
> Steve said:
> > Hi, I got the debian install done, I guess it didnt detect
> > my network card, it never did ask me anything more then what my
> > hostname was going to be.  So I insmod'd my network card and setup my eth0
> > with ifconfig and also manualy added my default route.  Also had to
> > create a resolv.conf, So I can get out on the net =)
> >
> > Where does debian keep this info so I won't have to initialize this stuff
> > by hand each time?  I know in RH its
> > /etc/sysconfig/net-scripts/ifcfg-eth0, I don't see this path on teh debian
> > install.
> >
> > Any help is greatly appreciated.
> >
> > -Steve

----
      "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."
                                                   -- Lao-Tzu