[NBLUG/talk] [Fwd: Vulnerability in OpenSSL]

ME dugan at passwall.com
Fri Mar 14 10:56:02 PST 2003

An item that may have implications for other packages that compile against
OpenSSL that include mod_ssl, openssh, and if you specified it in a bind
install (or your package was so configured) BIND too.

The amount of work required for this attack it a bit much (at present) but
the risks upon successful attack are obvious. Now that light has been shed
upon this, other shortcuts may be investigated to make it take less work.

If this attack is addressed, then expect many new packages and package
upgrades for your boxes from your Linux vendor for several packages
related to encryption.

It will prob make it to slashdot if it hasn't already.

-ME