[NBLUG/talk] I'm so embarrassed...

Dave Sisley dsisley at arczip.com
Fri Mar 14 22:55:01 PST 2003

augie wrote:

> the first must have for any linux newbie is "Running Linux" from
> o'reilly. this doesn't have anything specifically about firewalls (at
> least not my edition), but does give you a step up in all aspects of
> linux, which makes trouble shooting things like this somewhat easier.
>
> augie

I don't know that book, but I'll check that out sometime.  I have a
couple of books I bought for the JC intro to UNIX course I took last
semester: 'Linux in a Nutshell' and 'A Practical Guide to Linux', by
Sobel. I refer to them fairly often.

My problem is that I'm not *exactly* new to linux, I've been running it
as my main machine and using it for school for over a year and I now
know enough to really muck things up.  It's almost more frustrating than
total ignorance.  Most of the time, though it's been a fun process.
--
Dave Sisley
dsisley at arczip.com
http://users.arczip.com/habsmoi