[NBLUG/talk] When will the day come?

error error at sonic.net
Tue May 6 18:59:00 PDT 2003

> When will the day come? The longer it takes the Linux community to develop
> applications that are at least comparable to the popular ones used by most
> victims of Microcrap, the longer it will take for there to be a major shift
> in the market from windoze to the superior Linux.

I (as in just me) think that the day is here.
OpenOffice and StarOffice work really well.
The Gimp is really great (but not AS good as photoshop)

You name the program for windows and there are 40 of them for linux and one of them is at least as good if not better.

The main problem I see is a culture problem. People like conspicious consumption.

Linux is anything but.

So when linux costs $1000 I imagine people will trust it more.

error <error at sonic.net>