[NBLUG/talk] Couple of things..

Christopher Wagner chrisw at pacaids.com
Fri May 9 10:37:01 PDT 2003

I need help on a couple issues, I'm hoping people here can help me trouble
shoot this..

1) I'm running Apache 1.3.27-1.7.2 (rpm) w/ php 4.1.2-7.2.6 (rpm) and the
latest and greatest pear from their website.  I'm running MySQL-4.0.12-0
(rpm) Server.  I'm attempting to run Squirrelmail and store my preferences
and whatnot in a MySQL database.  Whenever I implement the database, apache
starts seg faulting, whenver there's an access to the DB..  Of course this
is rather fustrating. :)  Any ideas?  What packages should I try
reinstalling?  I should point out, that apache doesn't seg fault the entire
time, just most of the time.  It does work when it doesn't seg fault.

2) This may be a bit simpler (I hope).  I have a Dell Latitude CPi laptop
that I've installed Debian on.  It seems to run great, had to play a bit to
get a few little things working, but it's pretty much solid.  I am truly
loving apt-get. :)  My only gripe is that I cannot, for the life of me, get
my sound card working in the darn thing.  I read something that said this
thing is supposed to have a CS4232 compatible chipset?  That doesn't work..
I've tried compiling in all kinds of drivers, I just can't get the darn
thing working..  Does anyone know what sound card this thing has and which
driver I'm supposed to use?  or do I need to patch my kernel?  I *know* this
thing will work as I had it running under Redhat 8.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

- Christopher Wagner
chrisw at pacaids.com

Packaging Aids Corporation - Information Systems
P.O. Box 9144
San Rafael, CA 94912-9144
http://www.pacaids.com/
(415) 454-4868 x116