[NBLUG/talk] Problems with X and VNC

mrp mrp at sonic.net
Mon May 19 19:37:00 PDT 2003

Hmm.. well.. I think I may have spotted something...
Are you invoking Xvnc directly?  generally the best way to start up an
Xvnc server is to use the script called vncserver.

If you started Xvnc directly, then what you've got is a blank X server,
with nothing running.  It's vncserver that actually sets up the correct
environment and invokes the xstartup script (I believe... it's been a
while since I've dug around in the internals.)

If you're already called vncserver, then I'll have to think about it some
more.

-- Mitch