[NBLUG/talk] Problems with X and VNC

Andrew argonaut at softhome.net
Mon May 19 19:51:02 PDT 2003

On Mon, 19 May 2003 19:38:30 -0700 (PDT)
mrp <mrp at sonic.net> wrote:

> Hmm.. well.. I think I may have spotted something...
> Are you invoking Xvnc directly?  generally the best way to
> start up an Xvnc server is to use the script called vncserver.

After I sent that message, I thought it might cause some minor
confusion. Sorry.

Yes, I am using vncserver to start Xvnc.

It seems as if nothing I do to xstartup has any effect. That's
why I thought to grep for it in the config and the startup
script. Neither of those files mentions xstartup, so what
controls how (or if) xstartup is called?

A.