[NBLUG/talk] A couple of questions

ME dugan at passwall.com
Sun May 25 22:51:01 PDT 2003

>> When you had the modem in windows, do you know what "Com port" it used?
>> (A, B, C, D or maybe 1,2,3,4)
>>
>> Is the modem an internal or external connected to a serial port?
>
> Internal
>

>> If the modem is internal, is it PCI or ISA or something else?
>
> PCI

A useful tool for this is a command line tool called "lspci"

It will list all of the PCI devices that Linux knows about. One of these
may be the modem.

What does this give you:
# lspci

Or if you are lucky, it may be reported as a modem. It may have modem as
part of the name. You really wat to pay special attention to anything that
claims to be a modem or "unknown".

Might have more ideas once we know what it advertises itself as.