[NBLUG/talk] A couple of questions

Dave Sisley dsisley at arczip.com
Mon May 26 06:54:00 PDT 2003

Nadina wrote:
> It does confirm what I was starting to think - I am going to have to get
> another modem in order to use RH.  I really thought at the time I bought
> this that it was not a soft modem.  Are there internal modems that are
> hard modems or do I need to go with an external (which I would rather
> not do)?  Thanks for the input.
>
> Nadina

wait! Don't give up, yet.  FWIW, I'm using a Zoom pcmcia card on my
laptop and it works great.  I may be comparing apples to oranges (pcmcia
to pci), but I'm pretty sure the card was recognized by RH8 without much
trouble (I don't even think I had to go out and get the driver; it was
already in RH8, if I remember correctly).

You may have to look a little more for the right driver, or get someone
here to help with the configuration (I'm useless), but I don't think
your card could be so different from mine that you couldn't use it.

--
Dave Sisley
dsisley at arczip.com
http://users.arczip.com/habsmoi