[NBLUG/talk] Modems and other parts..

Scott Doty scott at sonic.net
Tue May 27 08:03:00 PDT 2003

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 07:55:32AM -0700, Edward Mendoza wrote:

> ISA?!
>
> Have you had any archaeologists knocking at your door? I was at the
> Metropolitan Museum in New York last month and saw a 4000 year old Egyptian
> statue. Your ISA modem should be carefully encased right next to it. Where
> did you find it?! That is an amazing discovery and will make front page
> news.

Oh come now -- there are perfectly spiffy ISA cards out there still in use.
Indeed, until about a week ago, I was using a SB AWE64 in my home
workstation.

The saga of my home Linux workstation upgrade, I shall post forthwith.  Many
lessons learned when trying to run with relatively modern hardware, such as
my new SB Audigy and Geforce 4 ti4600 (both from pricewatch).  I will say
that it was far, far more difficult to update the _windows_ installation
than the Linux installation on this dual-boot machine.

 -Scott