[NBLUG/talk] linux distro

DanT3 davidtanya at netzero.net
Wed May 28 20:44:00 PDT 2003

Use Slackware for all of the reasons that Mark gave.  It's the first
distribution I tried.  The other few that I have worked with since then take
too much of the "console" experience out of your hands.  Installing Mandrake
felt just like a Windows 95 install, with fewer results.  Working with
RedHat, call it dumb luck, has been less than satisfactory.  My Slackware
machines do not die.  Meanwhile, the RedHat server, with which my lowly
Slackware machines must(?) deal, goes offline for maintenance at the most
inopportune times.  Websurfing, mailing, word processing, graphics,
spreadsheets, software development, printing....Slackware does it all.  So
do the others, but Slackware's way cooler (|^)

DMS