[NBLUG/talk] Please use "OT" in subject for Off-Topic discussion

troy fryman at sonic.net
Fri May 30 01:49:00 PDT 2003

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 12:26:51PM -0700, ME wrote:
> (On some USENET forums, people will even offer obligatory on-topic
> comments with their off-topic comments. Here is such an example.)
>
> OB Linux: If you use a command line extensively in Linux, I would like to
> encourage you to look at a very useful tool called "screen." It permits
> you to have multiple virtual sessions spawned from a starting tty. It is
> very useful when in a remote session, as you can "reconnect" to a previous
> screen-session to continue where you left off.

Oooh.  That'd be kewl just for the tidbits that would crop up!

ObLinux:
Privoxy <http://www.privoxy.org/> is a filtering web proxy for privacy
and annoyance protection: ad banner / cookie / pop up / blocker
Tip: slower processors will benefit by disabling the filterfile option in
the privoxy config file.

-troy