[NBLUG/talk] WiFi (802.11b) and linux

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Fri Nov 21 12:45:01 PST 2003

I would parrot the parrot as I own the version 3 of the Linksys card which
is a nice card... then they go and wreck it with realtek chipset in the
next version.  sheeesh.

As Paul, Kyle and myself know..... Atmel, Realtek and all the cheapo
chipsets are a pain in the rear to troubleshoot....especially when you are
out of range of the AP. ; )

Remember... that forever more the installfest room at SSU is NOT the
most ideal place for installing,configuring and testing wireless cards....
It took me 2 days to stop shaking after the last installfest.... I had
weird twitches, crying and uncontrollable laughter.