[NBLUG/talk] Setting up RH 9

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Fri Oct 3 12:27:01 PDT 2003

You are missing a fully qualified hostname....  this is an example of the
famous sendmail hanging boot.

Check out /etc/hosts and make sure you have an entry for the machine's name
there.  What Red Hat does to an empty hosts file it will place the hostname
in front of the localhost entry like so

127.0.0.1		goob	localhost.localdomain	localhost

This prevents the hanging boot until you place an entry for goob.... or
configure DNS.....

--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer