[NBLUG/talk] Monitor Shutoff Fix

ShadowEyez shadoweyez at hotpop.com
Mon Oct 6 19:21:02 PDT 2003

Running RH 8 on 2.2.18-14 with a Hitachi 17-in LCD.  Nice monitor, but it seems that every 10 minutes or so of inactivity will cause the monitor to go into "low power" mode and thus shut itself off.  All it takes is a keystroke or mouse click to get it back, but is there a way to NOT have it do this.  I have looked everywhere in KDE's various control panels/modules with no success.  The power saving section has nothing to do with monitor controls and the help files are as usual... lacking. BTW, this is a dual boot system (the other being windoze) and windoze never does this, so I know the monitor is not acting crazy.

TIA
ShadowEyez