[NBLUG/talk] OpenOffice 1.1 ISO has arrived; time to gear up for the schools!

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 7 13:42:01 PDT 2003

>From: Kyle Rankin <kyle at nblug.org>
>To: talk at nblug.org
>Subject: Re: [NBLUG/talk] OpenOffice 1.1 ISO has arrived; time to gear up
>for the schools!
>Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 12:40:34 -0700
>This is OpenOffice related, but someone off-topic, so I apologize in
>advance.  I just read an interesting thread this week on how to "beautify"
>your standard OpenOffice.org install:
>
>http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=96509133&m=3200942885
>
>Basically it points to a kdelook.org script that gives you various icons
>you may choose to replace the default ones.

This may actually be of interest to some people.  I can imagine that a lot
of Mac users would like it if OpenOffice looked and felt more like a MacOS X
application (eventually OpenOffice shall be Carbonized, but it's going to be
a lot of work!).  And I know that there are existing KDE themes that (try
to) emulate the look the Aqua look.

Unfortunately, I probably won't have time to take a serious look at it until
after October 13th.