[NBLUG/talk] Sonic dsl?

Rob Orsini orsini at sonic.net
Wed Oct 8 10:53:00 PDT 2003

At 10:10 AM 10/8/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>My daughter is encouraging me to get dsl, I have heard good things about
>sonic, here and elsewhere, what modem do they supply?  Googling I see some
>people say they have replaced Broadmax with Westall for better
>performance, not clear. And does sonic's connect well with a wireless?
>Suggestions?
>Thanks, Cal

My favorite thing about sonic (other then all the uptime) is their web
site's MOTD.  Their "tell all" policy has taught me a lot about how to
responsibly deal with clients.

And to tie this into Linux:

Part of my job is administering a group of FreeBSD servers.  I find that if
I pass on details of every issue that may arise with the servers, good or
bad, the end result is that my client is completely comfortable with me and
confident that I am always being honest and up front about the maintenance
of these servers.  (And that is how I feel about sonic.)