CD-based Linux (was: Re: [NBLUG/talk] OpenOffice 1.1 ISO has arrived...)

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 10 11:03:00 PDT 2003

Knoppix seems to be the one that everyone is interested in.  LUGOD members
also seem to have an interest in DemoLinux.  Anyone else on this list have
any suggestions?

Are you talking about the ISSA conference?  It will be November 4th and 5th,
and LUGOD plans to have a booth there.  The CD's that LUGOD wants to
distribute are Knoppix, DemoLinux, GNUWin II, and OpenOffice.org.  I have
already offered them any OpenOffice CD's I might have left over after next
Monday (when we pass them out to the schools).  Of course, that means that I
won't be able to give them anything if I successfully distribute all 100 of
my OpenOffice CD's.

It is possible that LUGOD will distribute other CD's, if they receive any
good suggestions.  According to their website, anyone with suggestions for
other CD's can contact webmaster at lugod.org

Lincoln